Requirements to be fully admitted:
- Three semesters of calculus up through multivariable calculus with grades of B or higher
- One semester of matrix (linear) algebra with a grade of B or higher
- One semester of a statistics course with a grade of B or higher
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose explaining why you want to obtain a MS and/or PhD in statistics
- GRE General Test score (no GRE Subject Test scores are required)
- Additional requirements for international applicants: Obtain a minimum score of 550 on paper-based TOEFL, 79 on Internet-based TOEFL, or 6.5 on IELTS. Send your official TOEFL scores to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln by going to the TOEFL website and following the instructions for score reporting. The institution code for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is 6877.
The application deadline is April 1 for fall admission and October 31 for spring admission. Additional information regarding assistantships is available here.
Seen, read and heard enough? Ready to apply? Begin your journey.
- Wondering whether you need to take the English Language Test? Check your Certificate of Admission or contact Graduate Studies at 402-472-2875 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions about the English Language Test? Contact Programs in English as a Second Language.